The Association of Mathematical Finance Laboratory conducts research and development activities in the fields of securities and finance -including mathematical/quantitative finance- and in related fields such as mathematical science, natural science, and social science. Our purpose is to improve financial transaction technologies and financial risk management and contribute to the development of economic society.
- Research and investigation of the problems related to the integrity and efficiency of financial markets in which high frequency trading (HFT) activities have increased in recent years
- Research and development of quantitative financial risk management methods utilizing innovative theories
- Interdisciplinary research in mathematical/quantitative finance, financial engineering, and various related fields
- Publication of research and hosting of seminars/symposiums
- Offering research grants and assistance for researchers in the fields of securities and finance (including mathematical/quantitative finance)
- Interaction and information exchange with related organizations
- Publication of informative magazines and books, etc.
- Other business necessary to achieve the purposes of the Association of Mathematical Finance Laboratory